These past few weeks have been heavy, heavy, heavy. Y’all almost ain’t get to come in my corner this week.
I have so many random thoughts this week so let’s get into it!
Randomness That Has Nothing to Do With Anything:
• I’m long overdue for a flight. I don’t know where I’m going but I need to go. I haven’t been anywhere since Jamaica and I’m itching. Probably because I’ve kinda been sticking to my budget so the coins are burning my pocket.
• I never realized so many people had an opinion on my dating life. Now I’m starting to question what type of energy I’ve been putting out. Or maybe people need to mind their business. Idk. Ima pray about it.
• Have feelings but feelings don’t trump faith. Always operate in faith not the feelings. Faith will carry you. Faith will sustain you. Feelings will clout your vision and your judgment. Faith will steer you and keep you in peace.
• I wish I had the same amount of confidence and dedication as up and coming rappers and singers. Their drive, ambition and diligence remains unmatched. I’ve yet to meet a rapper/singer who “used to” rap/sing because they’re still rapping and singing.
• I know I cancelled some people last week but I have a question. Can we still be mad at Fab if Em isn’t? These are their personal lives and they deserve the space to live them out however they choose free from our judgment and I don’t place celebs on a pedestal. They’re human but I can’t ignore the unsettling fact that someone is a pedophile or abuser. But again, I ask, can we (I) still be mad if Em isn’t? Like I still skip Mary Mary in the gospel shuffle. I need to move on, huh?
• But for real, don’t go to Waffle House. We’re all in agreement about that, right?
• Your words matter. Your words have power. Be mindful of your words. You take your words to God. Never think that your words don’t matter.
• It’s okay to start over.
• Self-reflection can be painful but it’s been an important part of my growth and development. We pray for discernment about other people and things all the time but what about yourself? God reveals things about me to me all the time and sometimes uses other people to reaffirm what He said.
• I’ve learned in the past week that I’m part of the “them.” Bad and scary things can and will happen to me. When we hear about things, bad and scary things, we separate ourselves from the narrative and the people, it happened to “them.” I’m not exempt from pain and suffering. Avoiding it won’t save me and neither will pretending it doesn’t exist. These things are meant to become part of my story and make me smarter, more interesting and more resilient. And like I just shared with a dear friend: We think we’re exempt from the bad things simply because God is good but it’s through the bad things where God’s glory gets revealed. It’s through the bad things where we get to see His miraculous works and healing powers!
Talk to you crazy kids next week!